Your home is a warm, loving place to be during the holidays, right? Of course it is! And, it’s quite possible that your home will be the place to be this upcoming season. As fun as entertaining can be, the holidays can be one of the most hazardous times of the year for your house. Some of this is due to Christmas traditions, while other aspects of it are due to weather issues, while even more of it could just be caused by guests who simply do not put too much effort into keeping your home clean. Whatever the reason, here are some tips to ensure that your home won’t be affected by mold for too long (if ever) during this upcoming holiday season.
- Make it convenient for guests to keep things clean in your home. If you want to avoid too much problems with water damage, keep a fresh supply of towels near your bathroom, offer to do guests’ laundry for them (in case they don’t know how to use your washing machines), and ask guests who tend to be a little more slovenly to take care when they are visiting.
- Do keep an eye out for potential problems. Windows that aren’t closed during a snowstorm, bathtubs and sinks that are left with the water running, and major spills are all things to watch out for. You never know what kind of messes your guests will leave, but you always should clean it up before it becomes permanently damaging to your home.
- If your guests mention something that could allude to water damage, do call up a water expert after they leave. Have a guest who is sneezing constantly and has a notorious mold allergy? Did a guest mention that they felt a draft while all the windows were shut? Subtle signs like that should be a cause for concern.
- Clean up snow and ice as soon as you can. Snow can be a seriously damaging element to a home’s exterior, roof, and interior as well. Make an effort to rid yourself of the extra snow and ice around your home as soon as possible. Besides, ice can make guests slip and fall.
- If a flood or water-related accident occurs while guests are in your home, keep cool as a cucumber and stay upbeat…but also make sure to take care of the problem. Smile, take a deep breath, and call the water damage experts as soon as you can. If the damage was caused by a guest, try not to flip out. Instead, try to gloss over it as much as possible. If you can’t afford the repairs, broach the subject of help with care, but otherwise, make an effort to make lemons out of lemonade for the remainder of the visit.
Most of the time, water damage will not rear its ugly head immediately. If you can spot it sooner rather than later, you will be able to handle it much more easily.
Call Water Damage Zone, Inc. today (877) 520.1923– your future bills may be a lot smaller, if you follow these simple tips.
We specialize in the following services:
- 24/7 Emergency Response
- Water Extraction
- Water Damage
- Direct Billing to Insurance
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Water Cleanup
- Water Dry outs
- Visual Mold Inspections
- Sewage Damage Cleanup
- Sterilizing & Odor Removal
- Licensed & Bonded #963976
- Reputable Los Angeles based company
Water Damage Zone, Inc.
15115 Califa St. Ste. C
Van Nuys, CA 91411